Re: 2.6.0-test4-mm4 - USD disconnect oops

From: John Stoffel
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 19:01:38 EST

>> Here's the backtrace, my .config is at the end. It's a PIII Xeon 2 x
>> 550mhz, Dell Precision 610 motherboard/system, 768mb of RAM. The only
>> USB devices are the controllers and the CompactFlash reader, which
>> works great under 2.4.

Greg> Does this happen on 2.6.0-test4? (no -mm).

Well, I can now use the usb-storage device under 2.6.0-test4 without
any problems, but I just did a quick test. So there's something in
-mm4 which is messing me and usb in general up. I've made the
following changes though, so I should go back and check:

- upgrade to module-init-tools-0.9.13
- upgrade to hotplug-2003_08_05-1
hotplug-base-2003_08_05-1

I'll see if I can figure out what changed in the -mm4 patch to cause
this problem. Could it be the kobject patch Akpm posted? It looks
like the oops I've gotten.

The next big thing to do is to get my Dell Precision 610 to recognize
it's CS4236B ISA sound card properly with ALSA in 2.6.0-t4...

Thanks Greg!

John