Re: 2.6.0-test4: uhci-hcd.c: "host controller process error", slab call trace

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 16:21:32 EST

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 01:36:01AM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> Does the attached patch help?

Ugh, I've been running a bunch of usb stress tests today and kept having
the uhci driver halt with this error.

After this patch, it all works with no problems that I can detect
(ripping a cd image at the same time as syncing a visor and running a
loop-back test on a usb-serial device and using the mouse and keyboard
to type.)

> Alan, Johannes, did you have any further thoughts on this problem?
> I'm still not sure what the best approach is.

So, Johannes, unless you violently disagree, I'm going to apply this
patch and send it upwards as it does solve the problem for at least 2
people here :)

thanks,

greg k-h