More on Broadcom gigbit for Jeff

From: walt
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 16:20:08 EST

Hi Jeff,

I've narrowed down the source of my Broadcom problem to the 'tg3.c + tg3.h'
portions of this patch:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/testing/incr/patch-2.4.21-pre4-pre5.gz

That is, if I build a 2.4.21-pre4 kernel it works normally -- but if I then apply
just the tg3.c parts of the above patch I get my usual bug.

(If you'll recall, I'm the one who needs to do an ifconfig down/up cycle on my
ASUS A7V8X mobo with the built-in tg3 chip before it will start transmitting
packets.)

Unfortunately this patch has many changes that I don't understand well enough so
that I can cull them out and apply them individually.

Is it reasonable to try to do break this patch down into pieces? It all looks
like one big update to me.

Any other debugging ideas?

Thanks.