Re: bitkeeper comments

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 11:00:34 EST

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 04:56:58PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 08:46:46AM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Unfortunately the checkin comments themselves are not revision controlled.
> > You have to run a command on each repository that needs to be fixed,
> > if you send me the desired comments I'll post the command. Then if
> > Linus or Marcelo says do it I'll do it on bkbits.net. That should be good
> > enough, the logs there are what people tend to browse.
>
> WTF? Andi probably had a reason to put this in. If Albert feels pissed
> of he should shred his repo instead of doing stupid censorship crap.

Hey, I'm not in the middle of this because I don't understand who is right
and it's not my place to make that call. I said "if Linus or Marcelo says
do it" specifically for the case that there is some hanky panky going on.
On the other hand, it's perfectly possible that the wrong comment got
stuck in there and if that's the case why shouldn't it get fixed?
--
---