pl2303 + uhci oops

From: biker
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 06:48:17 EST

Hello everybody!
Using a pl2303-based usb->serial adaptor with the uhci driver always ends with
a oops.
Usually, the first serial "session" works fine, but as soon as minicom or any
other program (kpilot, for example) drops the connection the kernel oopses.
I've been able to reproduce the problem with three different kernels
(2.4.20-21-22) and two different hardware platform. The first is a Thinkpad
R40 (Chipset i845, Pentium 4, USB 2.0) and the second is a desktop (KT266A,
AthlonXP, USB 1.1).
Note that the adaptor works perfectly if the usb-uhci driver is used instead.

Since all the data required to debug the oops take up too much space to be
included here, I conveniently posted them on my web site in two directories,
one for the intel machine and the other for the amd.

http://www.villagepeople.it/oops/ (It's just a directory listing, no images,
banners, redirects or anything else)

Hope this helps.

-Silla