Re: [parisc-linux] Security Hole in binfmt_som.c ?

From: Joel Soete
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 03:01:21 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

On Sad, 2003-08-30 at 14:15, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:42:37PM +0200, Ruediger Scholz wrote:

binfmt_som.c:216:2: #error "Fix security hole before enabling me"
What's this message about?

I don't know. I wish someone would tell me. You'd think they'd have the
decency to contact the person listed as the author at the top of the file.

Actually explanations were posted in the previous discussion on this on
parisc-list.

Someone has to do the equivalent of the 2.4.22 binfmt_elf changes if
neccessary so that another thread can't change the file handles or steal the exec fd being passed to the loader.

Yes Alan, it was: <http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2003-July/020386.html>

Sorry Willy I trusted that you read it (My bad next time I will advise you directly)

Joel