Re: bandwidth for bkbits.net (good news)

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:29:03 EST

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:18:19AM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> So, near-total annihilation of bkbits.net when Larry or any of his
> team are on the phone should work. You can either integrate the phone

this is *exactly* my point.

Of course near-total annihilation of bkbits.net may not be acceptable to
the community, but still it should work as a proof of concept.

Depending on the connect/sec of the http server (not bkbits, for the
largest part of the conversation I couldn't know about the http server,
Larry only mentioned the bkbits.net clone until recently), the
"reservation" margin will have to change: the less connect/sec the
smaller margin Larry will need to reserve, the more connect/sec the
bigger marging will be necessary.

Andrea