Re: 2.6.0-test4-mm4

From: Thomas Molina
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 08:43:40 EST

Thank you Adrew. I have been following a panic in store_stackinfo since
it was introduced with CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC (see bugzilla #973).
2.6.0-test4-mm4 was the first kernel version I have tested which didn't
exhibit this failure mode.

I do get a hang on boot in RedHat 8 if all the other "kernel hacking"
options are enabled. This hang comes at the point in the boot sequence
where the next message I would expect is the mounting of /proc. I've not
looked into it too deeply since it sounded similar to what others have
seen, and it wasn't my main focus. I'll go back later and look into it if
the condition persists.