Re: [2.6 patch] kill CONFIG_KCORE_AOUT

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 02:22:28 EST

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 12:11:59AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The patch below kills CONFIG_KCORE_AOUT.
> >
> > I've tested the compilation with 2.6.0-test4.
>
> Not on m68knommu or h8300 you haven't :) They both
> select CONFIG_KCORE_AOUT in defconfig.

The Kconfig files on these architectures had the interesting "feature"
that both KCORE_AOUT and KCORE_ELF were enabled unconditionally...

Besides, I always consider the defconfig files as some kinds of
generated files and since they only give default answers for
"make defconfig" I didn't see the big need for manually editing every
single defconfig file.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.