bandwidth for bkbits.net (good news)

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 20:31:46 EST

FYI - we're working with several vendors to try and get more bandwidth
for bkbits.net. We think we have a line on a deal where we can get a
full T1 just for bkbits.net for about $500/month. If we get that then
we'll turn on the patch server feature so you can hit any URL and get a
regular diff -Nur style patch for that changeset (or range of changesets).

We've avoiding turning on that feature in the past because we share the
T1 line that bkbits.net lives on with all the rest of bitmover and we are
partialy a distributed company. We do VOIP phones and when you guys clone
a repo our phones don't work - that makes us look bad during a sales call.
I'm not complaining, we get nice stress testing from bkbits so you should
hammer on it all you want but I'd like it if we could really encourage
that more. Turning on a patch server should do the trick.

ETA on this is a month.
--
---