Re: 2.4.22pre8 hangs too (Re: 2.4.21-jam1 solid hangs)

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 04:31:30 EST

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:37:58 +0300
Ville Herva <vherva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Did you already try to exchange everything but the harddisks ?
>
> No. Do you suspect faulty hardware?
> [...]
> What I had hoped for is to be able to get some information on where it hangs.
> But sysrq and nmi watchdog don't cut it...

Hm, did you try a serial console? On my side this was a big step forward.
If you experience complete hangs it may be something around hanging interrupts.
Did you play with apic/acpi etc. to try different interrupt handling? What does
your /proc/interrupts look like compared between 2.2 and 2.4 ?

Regards,
Stephan