Re: linux-2.4.22 released

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 23:22:20 EST

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:55:44PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Reasons against:
> > <write here your opinion>
>
> - ALSA is big and there are still some bugs in ALSA; there are more
> urgent things to be fixed in 2.4
> - it's easy to use ALSA even when it's not inside the kernel
> - within a few months 2.6.0 will be released with ALSA included -
> together with the point above I don't see a reason why ALSA would be
> badly needed in 2.4

and... if one is clueless enough to be unable to compile ALSA outside the
kernel or to try 2.6, then he's a good candidate for those user-friendly
distros who ship it. Same for i2c.

Not that I wouldn't like to see those included, but there are far more urgent
things as you said, and not everything will get its way to 2.4.23.

Cheers,
Willy