Re: [RFC] Orthogonal Interactivity Patches

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 04:03:09 EST

Addendum

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:22, Con Kolivas wrote:
> default scheduler. The remaining issue is that application startup will be
> slower than the vanilla scheduler (your mileage may vary) under load, but I
> feel not unacceptably so as a tradeoff.

I'm experimenting with a kind of central tendency with tasks that have not yet
declared themselves high or low credit by weighting down the cpu run time
when their credit is neither high nor low. Hopefully this can speed up
application startup under load without too much general slowdown by current
cpu hogs.

Con