Re: Personnal line discipline difficulties

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 03:43:44 EST

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:18:58AM +0200, Laurent Hugé wrote:
> the result is not constant : sometimes, the line discipline receive the 11
> caracters (including the 0D and 0A termination), but most of the time, it
> receive firstly 8 the 3 caracters. The *fp value is always 0 (so there's no
> error !).

That's not correct. fp is an array of error characters, length "count".
Each entry corresponds directly with each received character.

I take it you know that receive_buf can be called at any time with any
number of characters? In other words, it doesn't have any framing on
the group of characters it may hand you.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux