Re: 2.6.0test3mm2 - Synaptics touchpad problem

From: Paul Nasrat
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 06:45:01 EST

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 01:00:09PM +0200, Milan Roubal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using the new drivers for XFree86 and if the touchpad is visible

Apologies I misread your bug report. Maybe this will be of more help.

> in dmesg, than it is working in XFree86 too. When it isn't,
> it isn't than listed in /proc/bus/input/devices and is not working in
> XFree86.

That does seem odd, I haven't noticed this with vanilla 2.6.0test3
(linux only, but a reboot linux->linux would exhibit that).

I note on the non synaptics boot you have this instead of the synaptics.

serio: i8042 AUX3 port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12

It may be worth #define DEBUG in i8042.c, to see the differences between
the two boot sequences in more detail.

You might want to try against 2.6.0-test3, if it works for you
then it might be worth going through the synaptics patches in mm2 one by
one :(

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.0-test3/2.6.0-test3-mm2/broken-out/

http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/touchpad/2.6.0-test2/v1/Readme.txt

I'll see if I can replicate this with my laptop this evening.

Paul