Possible fix for NFORCE2 IDE hangups

From: Jens Leuschner
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 16:02:52 EST

Hi.

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe board and had those annoying hangups when the system had high disk activity.
I tried to reduce the UDMA level or even remove the amd74xx driver from my kernel and run the system with PIO, but the system still crashed from time to time.

Last weekend I disabled the use of the APIC (the system now uses XT-PIC) and this seems to fix the problem. The system ran stable with UDMA100 enabled for the last 4 days.

HTH,
Jens