Re: 2.4.22-rc2 ext2 filesystem corruption

From: Martin Maney
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 12:01:51 EST

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:10:51AM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> I'll try to reproduce around here. In the meantime can you try to isolate
> the corruption. You said it didnt happen with 2.4.21 -- which pre shows up
> the problem?

The problem appears only in rc2 (okay, assuming it's not a
regression). With 2.4.21-rc1 the file corruption I've been seeing does
not happen. From what Stephan has said I think I should try some more
varied tests. At this point I plan to do that a little later; I will
also try an rc2 with unnecessary features omitted from the build. So
far I've stayed with the base config, but it's a config shared by most
of the machines on the LAN and thus has plenty of extras.

--
Self-pity can make one weep, as can onions. -- Fodor