Re: C99 Initialisers

From: Robert Love
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 21:24:15 EST

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 19:02, CaT wrote:
> Is there any interest ins omeone 'fixing up' as many structs in the
> kernel from the form:

Yes, indeed, especially for 2.6. There has been a lot of work already in
this direction -- not too much should be left.

> And if so, what form should I feed it back in? Big patches? 1 patch
> per file? 1 per dir?

Whatever makes most sense. One per directory is probably OK for most
things.

> Main reaosn I'm asking is that it's slowly being done but isn't in
> the janitor list of things to do yet. If it were I'd just do it. ;)

It should be in the list.

Convert GNU-style to C99-style. I think converting unnamed initializers
to named initializers is a Good Thing, too.

Robert Love