Re: 2.6.0-test3-mm1

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 18:03:47 EST

>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 01:17:04PM -0700, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
>>> Buggered if I know what Letext is doing there ???
>>> 6577 3.9% total
>>> 1157 0.0% Letext
>>> 937 0.0% direct_strnlen_user
>>> 748 440.0% filp_close
>>> 722 21.2% __copy_from_user_ll
>>> 610 2.6% page_remove_rmap
>>> 492 487.1% file_ra_state_init
>>> 452 12.4% find_get_page
>>> 405 7.6% __copy_to_user_ll
>>> 402 28.6% schedule
>>> 386 0.0% kpmd_ctor
>>> 348 4.4% __d_lookup
>>> 310 16.6% atomic_dec_and_lock
>>> 300 174.4% may_open
>>
>> You can figure out what it is by reading addresses directly out of
>> /proc/profile that would correspond to it (i.e. modifying readprofile)
>> and correlating it with an area of text in a disassembled kernel.
>
> Was more interested in which patch screwed up the profiling really ...
> I suspect someone knows already ;-)

Looks to me like all the .text.lock.foo stuff got dumped under Letext
actually .... oops. Sometime between test2-mm1 and test2-mm3, I think?

M.