Re: 2.6.0-test3 cannot mount root fs

From: Henrik Ræder Clausen
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 10:05:47 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "gaxt" <gaxt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> It's not a lilo issue (ie. I use grub) I ran into the issue when I first
> started with the 2.6.0 series test kernels.

I had it occasionally in the 2.5.X series, as well as with 2.6.0-test2.
To me it seems like some apparently unrelated config setting causes this.
I'd go over the config again, change a few settings that seem to make
sense - but nothing obvious - then recompile and get a healthy kernel.

I'm using Grub and ext3, for the record.

-Henrik