Re: 2.6: Problem multiple bool/tristate prompts

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 08:36:05 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> My problem isn't that important to satisfy such a complicated construct,
> I can accept that there's no easy way to express this and live without
> it.

Dynamically changing the symbol type isn't possible and usally not needed,
if the driver can't be compiled as module, it has to use 'bool'. I'm
planning to add tags (e.g. for EXPERIMENTAL), maybe in this context it
will be easier, to better classify the brokenness of a driver, but this
will definitively not happen for 2.6.

bye, Roman