Fwd: Re: 2.6.0-test2: lost mouse synchronization after apm-suspend

From: frahm@irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 11:44:04 EST

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 04:33:18PM +0200, frahm@irsamc.ups-tlse.fr wrote:
>>
>> I have been testing the kernel version 2.6.0-test2 on a Dell Latitude C840.
>> After an apm-suspend the psmouse is becoming crazy, i.e. the mouse
>> lost synchronization and dmesg provides:
>
> Unload all usb drivers before suspending please.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

I tried again without the usb-modules and the mouse is still going
crazy after an apm-suspend. Of course dmesg now only sees the error
messages concerning the mouse:

Suspending devices
Enabling SEP on CPU 0
Devices Resumed
psmouse.c: Lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
psmouse.c: Lost synchronization, throwing 3 bytes away.
psmouse.c: Lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

Greetings,

Klaus.

--
Klaus Frahm