LBA48 on Promise 20265

From: Jan Niehusmann (jan@gondor.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 07:27:36 EST

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 01:06:41PM +0200, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> Are there any known problems with huge hard disks (250GB) on Promise
> IDE?

Further investigating this, I found the following posting:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2002/9/6/22

And indeed, even with 2.4.21, /proc/ide/ide2/hdf/settings shows that
'address' is 0, meaning that LBA48 is turned of, if I understand this
correctly. But that would mean that a 250GB hard disk should not work as
expected, right? May that explain my disk corruption problems?

Jan