Re: milstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree

From: David Mosberger (davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:40:25 EST

>>>>> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:31:44 -0700, "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> said:

  Dave> My tree never lags Linus's by more than 24 or 48 hours, unless
  Dave> one of us is on vacation and not near computers. And if I can
  Dave> do this in my spare time, it should be doable by people
  Dave> getting paid full time to maintain the ia64 port, don't you
  Dave> think? 8-)

Well, you're obviously just way better than everybody else!

For what it's worth, I spend on average about 1 day a week on ia64
linux maintenance and that's just about as much as I'd want to (though
in recent months it has been a bit more, partly so that we can get
into sync with Linus' tree).

        --david