Status of ICH5-R SATA RAID support?

From: David McBride (dwm99@doc.ic.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 09:19:59 EST

Howdy,

Intel's ICH5-R chipset, as found on their D875PBZ motherboard, supports
RAID-striping of SATA disks.

I've scoured the list archives and can't find any mention, for or
against, for support of this feature -- Jeff Garzik's libata patchkit,
although significant, doesn't appear to provide striping support.

Am I correct in thinking that there isn't any working striping support
at the moment -- and if so, is anyone working on an implementation?
If not, it might be fun to try and write support for it myself..

Cheers,

David

--
David McBride <dwm99@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London

"Much of the excitement we get out of our work is that we don't really know what we are doing." -- Dijkstra - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/