Re: compiling external kernel modules (comedi.org)

From: Sam Ravnborg (sam@ravnborg.org)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 18:05:53 EST

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:10:24PM +0100, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Sam,
>
> how can I include the "legal way" includes for comedi? Just now comedi
> has set up a "linux/include" path in its directory but I think this not
> the elegant way and it also dosn't work right now.
I have not tried this, but specifying the include path relative to the
directory where the .c file is placed should do the trick.
So if you have:
comedi/
include/
And execute "make -C ...." within the comedi/ directory, the statement:
EXTRA_CFLAGS := -I$(obj)/../include
in the Makefile should do the trick.

> /Bernd
> P.S.: I'm subscribed...
But I'm not - getting these:

Subject: Your message to comedi awaits moderator approval

My point was not to cc: the comedi ML, since potential repliers (like me)
get these kind of replies.

        Sam