Re: audio problem with 2.4.22-pre10 and 2.4.22-pre10-ac1

From: Nuno Monteiro (nuno@itsari.org)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 07:19:21 EST

On 2003.08.02 08:31, Pasi Savilaakso wrote:
> I have one asus a7v8x-x, which I just installed. Everything else is
> fine
> but
> no audio. when I got this on first time after compiling kernel and
> tried
> many
> different configs but no success at all. current audio config is at the
> end of
> mail.

<snip snip>

Hi Pasi,

I have a similar board lying around and I had some trouble getting sound
to work with OSS/2.4 drivers also. As I remember. the trick was to
connect the speakers to the microphone port (the pink one, on the far
left), instead of the regular speaker-out. With ALSA, both on 2.4 or
2.5/6, the sound output is on the speaker-out port, as it should. One
small quirk though, as the sound volume is controled by the "Surround"
mixer setting, rather than "Master" -- this has the most annoying effect
of making the sound-volume task bar applets useless. Eventually I just
gave up on the on-board sound and plugged in a pci soundblaster.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

                Nuno