Re: nfs-utils-1.0.5 is not backwards compatible with 2.4

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 09:38:07 EST

According to Neil Brown:
> I don't know if there is any such code, but if there is I apoligize for
> breaking it and suggest that the best fix is to not use the header
> file it was using but it explicitly include the values for NFSEXP_* in
> that code.

The only really bad thing about the current situation is that the name
"NFSEXP_CROSSMNT" is poisoned by having had two historical
definitions. So it that name should be dropped, IMO, and replaced by
something textually different. "NFSEXP_XMOUNT", perhaps. Even
"NFSEXP_CROSSMNT2" would work. Just as long as code that said
"CROSSMNT" to mean "NOHIDE" wouldn't accidentally get CROSSMNT instead.

--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>