Re: 2.6.0-test1 + matroxfb = unuusable VC

From: Michel Eyckmans (MCE) (mce@pi.be)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 05:33:29 EST

> > Actually, no. I've been stuck at 2.5.46 for *ages* due to a never ending
> > succession of driver issues (still not all solved by the way). 2.5.72 was
> > the next kernel I could actually try to use. A lot of change takes place
> > over that many kernel revisions.
>
> Which drivers issues ?

Nothing to worry about anymore. There were some matroxfb ones
(oopses at boot only when actively using matroxfb, for instance)
but also a ton of non-video related stuff: whenever one thing got
fixed, something had been broken in the mean time. Some of it still
not solved, by the way, (aha152x anyone?).

The matrox oopses were solved already before I applied Petr's
matroxfb-2.5.72.gz patch.

MCE