RE: Partitioned loop device..

From: Christophe Saout (christophe@saout.de)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:20:27 EST

Am Di, 2003-07-15 um 20.32 schrieb Dimitry V. Ketov:

> > You can already use Device-Mapper to create "partitions" on
> > your loop devices,
> You're right but I want _partitions_ but not "partitions" ;)
> It should appears like a real hardware disk, not virtual one.

I just hacked up an ugly small shell script, that uses sfdisk and
dmsetup to create the partition devices over any block device.

Just dmsetup-partitions /dev/loop0 or something.

It will then create devices /dev/mapper/loop0p1, etc... just like hda1
and so on. To remove them use "dmsetup remove loop0p1", etc...

--
Christophe Saout <christophe@saout.de>