- Documentation/scsi/qla2xxx.txt seems to document a 2.4ish driver
- Documentation/scsi/qla2xxx.release.txt looks superflous, can you
merge it into the (updated) qla2xxx.txt?
- drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/ has duplicates of the documentation
- the (v8) comments in drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Kconfig are superflous
- drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/Makefile is a mess. If you want to compile
a single source file multiple times in different ways create a
new source file that sets the needed defines and #includes the
source file. But in general this should be avoided in favour of
a common library module..
- please document which files are shared with other operating systems
(some look like they do, don't they?)
- the driver still has multipath support in the lowlevel driver which
we don't want in Linux
- UNIQUE_FW_NAME is still there. shouldn't this be enabled uncdontionally?
- still tons of typedefs that want cleaning up
- your include structures is very confusing. Please include the linux
headers directly i nthe files using them (except of course for
source files shares with other OSes)
- qla2x00_intr_handler should use spin_lock, not spin_lock_irqsave
- you're using down_interruptible without checking the return value
- please switch to newstyle module/boot parameter handling (module_param)
(oh, okay, found the TODO comment)
- what is #if defined (CONFIG_SCSIFCHOTSWAP) || defined(CONFIG_GAMAP)?
that's never defined in a 2.5 tree and the code looks ugly as hell.
- .unchecked_isa_dma = 0 in the host template is superflous,
it's 0 by default.
- what is CONFIG_MD_MULTIHOST_FC?
- you are using a static buffer in qla2x00_info, there's a lock needed
to protect it
- in qla2x00_queuecommand you need to call spin_unlock_irq/spin_lock_irq
on the hostlock, otherwise your whole ->queuecommand runs with (local)
- qla2x00_biosparam is superflous, if there's no ->biosparam the midlayer
calls scsicam_bios_param directly
- you don't need to call scsi_set_device if you pass the proper struct device
- please don't use scsi_assign_lock. In 2.5 we already have a per-HBA
lock and using a different one than the default one doesn't make sense.
- you need to check the return value from scsi_add_host
- please remove the "sanity check" in qla2x00_remove_device. If you
can't trust the pci layer you have worse problems..
- ->proc_info is deprecated, please implement shost and sdev sysfs
- all contents of qla_ip.c is surrounded by a big if defined(FC_IP_SUPPORT),
please compile the file conditionally instead. (also in linux we prefer
#ifdef over #if defined)
- where is qla2200_ip_inquiry/qla2300_ip_inquiry called?? also it makes
more sense to pass the scsi_qla_host_t directrly to it instead of an
adapter number that requires list walking
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Jul 23 2003 - 22:00:33 EST