Re: Partitioned loop device..

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 16:15:37 EST

On 2003-07-15T22:32:11,
   "Dimitry V. Ketov" <Dimitry.Ketov@avalon.ru> said:

> > You can already use Device-Mapper to create "partitions" on
> > your loop devices,
> You're right but I want _partitions_ but not "partitions" ;)
> It should appears like a real hardware disk, not virtual one.

There is no difference. What makes /dev/loop1a worse than /dev/hda1?
It's just block devices, that's it.

I have hopes that the entire partitioning code etc will be ripped out in
2.7 in favour of full userspace discovery + DM, and that MD will hit the
same fate...

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur