Re: 2.6.0-test1-ac1 Matrox Compile Error

From: Dave Jones (davej@codemonkey.org.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 14:13:28 EST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 08:49:09PM +0200, J?rn Engel wrote:

> > One bug at a time. With the CONFIG_EMBEDDED hack, yes it will 'hide'
> > this problem, but it'll likely be many months before embedded folks
> > start thinking of using 2.6 anyways.
> s/many month/half a second/
>
> Even for embedded, 2.[56] is so much nicer that I wouldn't want to do
> any new project with 2.4 anymore. Continue the old ones, all right,
> but that's about it.

Sorry, any vendor contemplating shipping 2.6test in a device at this stage
is a lunatic. I don't care about lunatics. As we saw recently there
are a lot of wireless routers and the like out there all stuck on some
magical 2.4.5 kernel. That sucks, but it's at least better than putting
beta quality code in something people pay money for.

                Dave