Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements

From: Kent Borg (kentborg@borg.org)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 11:23:36 EST

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 02:35:17PM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> I'd be inclined to initiate suspend-to-disk when the laptop's lid is
> closed

Please don't suspend my notebook when the lid is closed. I frequently
want it running when closed. It is OK to turn off the backlight when
closed (which my Vaio does), but don't show down my CPU or network
just because I am not typing or looking at the screen.

-kb, the Kent who sometimes just closes his notebook before hopping
off the bus, and who sometimes plugs it in to power and network when
at home but leaves the lid closed.