Wonderful World of Linux 2.6 - Linux 2.6 features document (first revision)

From: Joe Pranevich (jpranevich@lycos.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 09:24:39 EST

Hello,

I've recently put together the first draft of a features document describing the changes in Linux 2.6. (I did similar documents for both Linux 2.2 and Linux 2.4.) It's based almost entirely on BitKeeper changelogs (with clarifying information pulled from the lists and the web), so there is a chance that I misunderstood something or that I missed something else entirely. Please give it a look over and if you see anything that needs a look-over, please let me know. As it stands now, I feel pretty good about how it turned out so I'm finally comfortable mailing what I have around. (There are still a couple areas that need expanding on, I think...)

As of right now, you can find the latest versions of the document available online.

Text version: http://www.kniggit.net/wwol26.txt

Tersely formatted HTML: http://www.kniggit.net/wwol26.html

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,