Re: Bug in open() function (?)

From: J.C. Wren (jcwren@jcwren.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 00:39:40 EST

        While I'm sure I don't have a grasp of "the big picture", I would have
imagines these would have acted like a mask against the file system
attributes. In effect setting O_RDONLY would clear the write permission bits
read by stat(), and O_WRONLY would clear the read permission bits. O_RDONLY
+ O_WRONLY (O_RDWR) would leave the permissions alone. These would be
applied somewhere around the may_open() call in fs/open_namei.c

        A poor mans umaks(), I guess.

        --John