Re: 2.4.22-pre3 and reiserfs boot problem

From: Marcelo Tosatti (marcelo@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 12:18:37 EST

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:11:11 +0400
> ok, I did the reiserfsck and it works flawlessly. No errors no problems no
> hang.
> I tried mount afterwards and it still hangs.
> Is there some recent change around the mount procedure itself? maybe it is
> really unrelated to reiserfs and 3ware...
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>
> PS to Marcelo:
> There is a problem with 2.4.22-pre3. I cannot mount a reiserfs data-partition
> with 320 GB size located on a 3ware RAID. It just hangs the box, during init or
> any runlevel I tried. It is completely reproducable, but debugreiserfs on the
> partition and reiserfsck both show no problems at all ...
> The things mounts flawlessly under 2.4.22-pre2 and below.

There are no 3ware changes in pre3. So it must be reiserfs or something
else. Lets try reverting the reiserfs patches to see if they are the
cause?

Attached are files rei1, rei2, and rei3 (all gzip compressed).

They are the three reiserfs changesets which have been included in -pre3.

Can you please revert them (with patch -R) and try to reproduce the
problem?

Thanks