Re: Linksys gpl code [OT]

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 09:45:10 EST

On Tue, 2003-07-08 12:30:58 +0100, Matthew Hall <matt@ecsc.co.uk>
wrote in message <1057663858.3959.41.camel@miyazaki>:
> Hi lkml,
> I don't know if anyone's noticed, but Linksys have opened up and
> released their code.
>
> http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp
>
> Don't know if it satisfies the gpl; i'm currently downloading the stuff
> to see what's different from the release sources.

I downloaded that kernel.tgz and diff'ed it out - it's a *hugh* patch
removing tons of comments and #if 0 ... #endif parts. That makes it
more complicated to find the "interesting" parts for us, but also it
will get hard for them to ever port that changes over to 2.4.current...

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));