Re: [Bug report] System lockups on Tyan S2469 and lots of io [smp boot time problems too :(]

From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet@pandora.be)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 19:30:07 EST

Booting in smp mode now works using acpi=off and acpismp=force on the
kernel command line.

Could anyone care to comment what these options do ?

Would I be far off by saying that it disables the use of ACPI in the
kernel, except for setting up the APICs and the CPUs, for which it will
explicitly use the data provided by the ACPI BIOS ?

Is there something I'm missing by not using ACPI ? :)

best regards,

Vincent

PS: will test if the system still locks up soon, I hope not...