Re: [BUG] ieee1394 sbp2 driver is broken for kernel >= 2.4.21-rc2

From: Georg Nikodym (georgn@somanetworks.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:27:12 EST

On 03 Jun 2003 20:11:57 +0200
Jocelyn Mayer <jma@netgem.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, but I think you're wrong:

I doubt it. Ben's one of the authorities on this stuff.

> First, I never trust hotplug or other tools like this:
> I do all insmod by hand, so I know all drivers have been loaded.
> What is hotplug supposed to do (but wasn't in previous driver
> version...) ?

I compile this stuff directly into my kernel. Doesn't make a
difference.

> The second thing I see is that it used to work,
> before 2.4.21-rc2. The only difference is in the kernel driver,
> so it should work with no user-space tool, as it used to.
> If not, the driver is now buggy...

Well, I've _always_ needed either rescan-scsi-bus.sh (or scsiadd -s
since I switched to Debian). If there's some magic that you've been
doing that obviates this requirement, we're all ears.

-g