Re: Xeon processor support

From: Artemio (artemio@artemio.net)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 04:40:17 EST

Hello!

> The new xeons work fine with 2.4.20. Issues with rtlinux should probably
> be directed to fsmlabs or their respective mailing lists...
Well, they seem to have no idea what's wrong. One guy at rtlinux mailing list
had success building rtlinux-3.2-pre3 with 2.4.20 kernel on dual 2.4GHz Xeon
machine. I have the same rtlinux-3.2-pre3 with 2.4.20 kernel on dual 2.4GHz
Xeon machine, but rtlinux hangs it when I start it. That guy gave me his
config but I didn't have any success anyway.

However, I have built the same 2.4.20/3.2-pre3 on PIII boxes and rtlinux runs
perfectly.

> Outside that what issues are you seeing?
No issues.
I just know that Intel Xeon and Intel Pentium 4 Xeon are different things,
that's why I was asking - there is only a "Pentium 4" option in kernel
config.

Thanks for reply.

Artemio.