Re: [announce] procps 2.0.13 with NPTL enhancements

From: Albert Cahalan (albert@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 20:37:28 EST

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 12:37, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

> Mine is longer, I have more hair, less tummy...
>
> please, stop your childish nonsense.
>
> A fork has sense if latter the code are going to merge
> (like gcc/egcs, xfree/xwin, linux/ac/mm/aa/osdl...)
> or the proyect are going to take another goal.
>
> But to have two proyects, same code(more or less),
> same goal. And it's worse for to be a base crical
> package. Its's waste time/resources and to do a little
> different every distribution.

You've made your point, here and elsewhere.
Both parties involved disagree. I suggest
you spend your efforts elsewhere:

OpenBSD should merge with NetBSD.
XEmacs should merge with GNU Emacs.
CinePaint should merge with The Gimp.
Windows should merge with OS/2.

After you solve those problems, you can
tackle projects that aren't truly forks.
For example, we only need one editor.