RE: RFC Proposal to enable MSI support in Linux kernel

From: Nguyen, Tom L (tom.l.nguyen@intel.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 13:15:41 EST

I am working on an updated patch to 2.5.70 to incorporate the comments from you and Jeff Garzik. Regarding the variable renaming of irq, I am open to any suggestions. Please make a recommendation and I will incorporate it into the next update. Regarding platform_legacy_irq, I have not seen an edge-triggered interrupt failure caused by platform_legacy_irq.

CPU0 CPU1
0: 380044 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 590 0 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade