Re: 2.5.70-mm2

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 12:40:17 EST

"Downing, Thomas" <Thomas.Downing@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

I was specifically referring to the O_SYNC changes there. That means
databases: postgresql, mysql, sapdb, etc.

Some of these use fsync()-based synchronisation and won't benefit, but they
may have compile-time or runtime options to use O_SYNC instead.

Apart from that, just using the kernel in day-to-day activity is the most
important thing. If everyone does that, and everyone is happy then by
definition this kernel is a wrap.