[BUG] 2.5.70 tty_register_driver

From: Paul Fulghum (paulkf@microgate.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 11:13:34 EST

There was a large patch applied in 2.5.70 to
the tty layer that has broken registration of tty
devices.

The tty drivers I maintain get a success return
value from tty_register_driver() and dynamic
major/minor device numbers are assigned, but
it does not appear to actually create the
char devices. (They do not show up in proc/devices).

I'm trying to dig through this and understand the
purpose of the changes, but it might be
more informative if the person responsible for the
patch would explain the purpose and what modification
of tty drivers are necessary to work with the changes.

--
Paul Fulghum, paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microgate Corporation, http://www.microgate.com