2.5.70 and yahoo

From: Eric Blade (eblade@blackmagik.dynup.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 23:34:11 EST

First, I understand that there are tons better mesaging programs that do this protocol.. but...

Just upgraded to 2.5.70, and yahoo's instant messenger for unix (at messenger.yahoo.com ) is acting very strangely.

Normally, a 'ps ax | grep ymessenger' will show one process for every messenger window that's open at any given time.

however, with 2.5.70, when you close a window, it's process doesn't go away. It did not exhibit this in 2.5.69, and I'm not
even anywhere near good enough to have the slightest idea where to begin looking at it, but i'd figure i'd let someone know.

On the bright side, it seems that this patch might have fixed the problems with Mozilla and Evolution locking up with certain
window managers, whenever you'd press a keyboard button in their windows.