Re: [patch] sis650 irq router fix for 2.4.x

From: Thomas Winischhofer (thomas@winischhofer.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 17:57:00 EST

Davide Libenzi wrote:
It does not look right to me either to poke the IDE controller. Another
solution might be to parse the routing table and gather informations from
there. Example, the findings of 0x61,...,0x63 will tell us that we're
dealing with newer chipsets that uses those for values for the 3 OHCI and
the EHCI.

(The "plain" 650 [with 961] has no EHCI; this was introduced with the 962)

> The revision ID trick seems not effective, at least looking at
your machine with rev-id 0 that has 0x61..63. Martin, was the revision id
0, that you suggested to be handled with the old router, minded ?

What about gathering all that info from the routing table? Please excuse this perhaps naive assumption, but isn't that what's it's good for?

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria