Re: Realtek 8139c - kernel 2.4.21-rc3

From: Felipe W Damasio (felipewd@elipse.com.br)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 16:24:36 EST

Gutko,

Gutko wrote:
Just compiled this kernel with 8139too as module. I have adsl (pppoe) connection. Problem is, connection is lost after about 2-5 minutes after start.
I tested eth card with ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/rtl8139-diag.c
and found something like this "configured with ABNORMAL settings".Or

Were you forcing full-duplex or 100mbps?

something like this. So I downloaded driver (v1.01)from www.realtek.com.tw,
replaced 8139too module and now all semms to be ok.

AFAIK, the driver from www.realtek.com.tw *is* 8139too.

This diag tool says now : "configured with normal settings"

Yep, it doesn't seem to be a driver problem, but forcing a buggy configuration to the driver.

What probably happened is that when you downloaded the driver from the Realtek website, the modules.conf part of this "new" driver (or some other script you might be using to load it) isn't forcing any options and letting the driver figure out the best configuration.

Kind Regards,

Felipe