sis900 802.1q VLAN Overlength Packets

From: Corbett, David (corbett@intrusion.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:05:53 EST

Does anybody know if the sis900 can be used with 802.1q VLANs, where
the 4 bytes of tag information do not cause the driver to drop
packets with (# of payload bytes) > 1496 ? I've searched the Internet
and archives, but have found no definitive answer. I updated the
sis900 driver from the 2.4.9-34 kernel to the one in the 2.4.20 kernel
but I see no difference. I found information about allowing jumbo
frames, but I am not sure if this is the best approach.

If I need to ask this question elsewhere, please tell me.