Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc3 : IDE pb on Alpha

From: Jason Papadopoulos (jasonp@boo.net)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 22:35:12 EST

>the system could boot without DMA. It displayed lots of messages, but it seems
>to work :

>So it seems as the IDE problem is in the ALI 1543 / DMA code. I have an old
>K6/2 notebook somewhere with the same IDE controller, so I may retry on it.
>
>I'm interested in any suggestion, of course ;-)

I have the same system and run into the same problems here. The HD is a
Fujitsu MPD3108AT (10GB ATA33/66 drive, what the machine shipped with)
on hda. Even with the 2.4.21-rc4 kernel, the machine will not boot beyond
the "attached ide-disk driver" message if IDE DMA is compiled in.

Whatever's going wrong doesn't require an older drive to show up.

Let me know how I can help,
jasonp